16v block and 8v head

In a message dated 97-03-10 19:43:47 EST, chtaylo4@vt.edu (Chris Taylor)
writes:

<< Sorry, I don't have any experience w/ headwork, but did you say that your
 friend is looking to put an 8v head on a 16v block?  Is that possible?   >>

I have been told that it lines up perfect.  The only thing is that the
distributor hole on 16v's is covered by a plate.  All you do is take it off
and you have all the gearing  still there which makes sense because you have
to drive the oil pump.  One possible problem would be if a 16v oil pump is
different (I dont know about that ) than you may have to swap pumps to get
the slot that drives the distributor.  But hey if youre swapping a motor I
think you could handle the oil pump too.  Anyone else know anything about
this?  My information comes from a local tuner, but I think he is more into
bugs and air cooled than water.  I want to know this for sure because I am
going to be looking into putting a 2.0 16v block into my 8v RD engine over
this summer, or maybe the next.

Kyle