Re: exhaust paste and paint

In a message dated 97-03-11 02:36:37 EST, joshc@garden.net (Josh Clark)
writes:

<< Do any of you use exhaust sealer to install new exhaust systems?  I just
got my new TT aluminum exhaust for my 8v Scirocco from
 Mark and I want to know if any of you use the stuff and what brand and also
if you think it's worth painting it.  I have heat resistant
 paint but rust can still come through.   Does it need a clear coat or
something?  Thanks >>

EC had an article some time on exhausts.  I think it was TT that recommended
using the paste to prevent leaks.  I am planning on using some when I put my
exhaust on.  As for painting it, I've never heard anything about that.  They
hold up well without anything though.

Kyle