Re: exhaust paste and paint

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, KDBinney@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 97-03-11 02:36:37 EST, joshc@garden.net (Josh Clark)
>writes:
>
><< Do any of you use exhaust sealer to install new exhaust systems?  I just
>got my new TT aluminum exhaust for my 8v Scirocco from
> Mark and I want to know if any of you use the stuff

Hope nobody minds a couple cents' worth from a newcomer...I've used some paste
before and it's ok, not wonderful.  Be careful, though, that whatever you use is
compatible with aluminum.  Some of it causes corrosion, especially if you join
aluminum to steel, or some other metal.  There's a term for this corrosion, but
I can't recall what it is.

>...and what brand...

Sorry, can't remember.  It's been a while since I did any exhaust work at all
(hasn't been long enough, though).  :)

>...and also
>if you think it's worth painting it.

Can't comment on that, but it's an intersting idea.  It's something I may
consider when I install the new one I'm gonna have to have soon.  What kind of
paint works?

Carlee