Re: A1 rear shocks...work in Scirocco II?

Just to tie up a bit more confusion (or possibly cause a bit more!).
The Corrado has A2 front suspension, with PASSAT rear suspension, the
A3 later inherited a SIMILAR suspension system to that.

Second point is that YES it is possible to fit Golf (Rabbit) Shocks
and springs to a Scirocco, but I would say rather inadvisable. The
reason being that of weight distribution and ride height. The Golf
(Rabbit, call it what you will) has a MUCH higher ride height than a
Scirocco, and also the weight is different and the weight
distribution is different. All of these factors come into play when
choosing springs and dampers for a car, get them wrong and not only
will you have an uncomfortable ride, but you could be driving a much
more dangerous car, particularly if the springs and dampers are
designed for a heavier car, as you'll be bouncing around all over the
place. So my advise would be to get Scirocco springs and dampers, not
just "A1" ones. Konis are good, as are Jamex.

> > of it is, all Scirocco's are A1 cars. all of em'.
> >
> > Every few months we seem to circle into the A1-A2 discussion. Its fun!
>
> I never understood why the S2 is frequently called an A2, there's nothing
> A2 about it's chassis.... Now a VR6 Corrado, that could get confusing,
> it's a mix, A2 body structure w/ A3 plus axle suspension.
>
> Later,
>
> Brian

Jeremy R. Bromley       --- Events Manager, Corrado Club of Great Britain
eMail to - jbromley@enterprise.net