Exhaust problems, help!

I fired up my '86 8v after about 3 weeks of no driving, and took it
for a nice 50mile drive to my new place of residence. First thing I
did was fill it up with gas..was almost empty. But the whole drive
down, and still to date it sounds like i'm missign a muffler,
backfires, idles liek put-put....put-put....put-put and the throttle
is completely unresponsive untill i get it around 2k..then while
driving it feels real jerky. My muffler and pipes look good, but it
kinda stunk after i parked it.

I could care less how this car drives as long as it gets to the shop
for the body kit..then the G60..but if this is something cheaply
fixed, i'll take care of it. any insight is appreciated

Ryan