RE: Exhaust problems, help!

throttle
is completely unresponsive untill i get it around 2k..then while
driving it feels real jerky. My muffler and pipes look good, but it
kinda stunk after i parked it.

My '86 has the same symptoms, as far as the throttle not working well
below 2-3k and the hesitating, but the problem comes and goes.  In my
case I was thinking that it was a fuel problem (clogged filter or
something).  My muffler isn't in great shape, but if that were the
problem I wouldn't think it would be intermittent, but who knows...

Tim