Re: Help with FI troubles

Just a couple of thoughts...

>timing belt ok, well did you check the marks?  Is the tension good?  did you
watch it turn?  I have seen cars jump time without any signs, other than a
loose belt.  All seemed good, but it was running rough.  The damn thing spun
the crank gear 180 degrees.  approx not perfect, but damn close, was running
with the pistons one half turn off, whoops.  I have also seen a belt rip all
the teeth off around the crank, the rest looked perfect.  The damn thing just
didnt turn with the motor.  However when I turned the motor with a breaker
bar, it would go because I moved it slow enough.  Then I would try to start
it and it would just stop when it reached no teeth.

next, a friend had a problem of the car running real real rich.  Turned out
that the computer for the oxs sensor was bad.  I wasnt there but he switched
it and the  car runs fine.  I suspect a connection, because he pulled the
whole motor, harness and all from the car a few months back and it never went
since then but who knows.  There is a test sequence in the bentley for
checking the computer.

Kyle

good luck