Re: VW Special tools

> Wanna talk about HORRIBLE tools? Lets talk about, "Made in Korea, Made
> in Japan, Made in Tiawan, Made in Mexico, Made in Brazil, Made in
> Taipan". Thems some craploa tools!

I've sure got to agree here.  I've broken a few Craftsman tools here and
there myself, and they've always been replaced without a problem.  I hope
they never stop doing that, that's one of reasons I'll keep buying them.
I've got a funny story here also.  I once sent a 'tool-illiterate' to Sears
with a broken ratchet (made in cheapo-crapola-tool-land) and some instructions
to get me one that looks like the one I sent with them.  I figured that they
couldn't get the wrong thing that way, and I told them to ask a sales-droid
for help if they needed.  Well, after they told a sales guy they needed a
new one of 'these' (holding out broken ratchet...), the sales guy replaced
it free!  I guess that I should have been more explicit and said that I
expected them to have to PAY for a new tool.  I didn't complain though.

I've also go to speak to the tool abuse issue.  I abuse the sh*t out of my
Craftsman tools, and rarely I'm I dissipointed by their performance.  My
screwdrivers are more like Universal Tools:  It's a hammer, it's a prybar,
it's a reamer, it's a scraper, it's a wedge, it's a jamb (in a spoked device
to stop it from turning), it's a chisel, it's a nail-setter and, oh yeah, I
can drive a screw with it.  After all that, if (and this is rare) I break it,
I can get it replaced under warrenty. Shhhh, don't tell Sears. :-)

Yeah, I'd recommend Craftsman to a friend.  And if you order RIGHT NOW, we'll
also send you this POCKET YOGURT SCRAMBLER!  (Sorry, lost my head...)

==Brett