Re: VW Special tools

Hi:

At 10:22 AM 3/5/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Umm, only in the ratchet department - most of my
>sockets/screwdrivers/extensions are pretty old, so I've not noticed a
>decline in quality there.  My rathcets suck as they always have, I get
>around that by returning them the first time I have ANY difficulty in
>switching directions.  My torque wrenches die within a year (within the
>warranty period) - if and when I am forced to spend money on another
>torque wrench, I'll buy a good one.  For now, I just warranty them!

I was referring more to "fit and finish".

I was picking up a new set of needle-nose pliers, had to go through about
10 sets to find a pair that the hinges worked well on (some took two
hands to open!!)  and the tips were the same thickness (many had one
very thin jaw and one really thick one).

And while I'm complaining... phillips screwdriver shanks are no longer
smooth chrome but rather matte - they do not clean up as nicely. OK,
I'm done.

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers
"Your VW/Porsche Parts Source"