Re: VW Special tools

At 02:57 AM 3/5/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I would have to say that there is simply no comparison between snap
>on and Craftsmen.  Craftsmen makes HORRIBLE tools.

I dont -EVEN- think this is accurate. Snap-on is WAY overpriced. I
hated having to pay their "Special" prices for tools. Craftsman makes
some pretty sturdy tools. For example, I have a Craftsman 1/2 ratchet
that I routinely use to break the torque on the front hub nut! My
impact cant do it. I get it started and finish the job with the impact.
I figured that ratchet would of broken long ago, and with a lifetime
garantee on the damn thing, I will keep using it until it does break.
I have broken craftsman sockets too. So what? next trip to sears I walk
out with a new one. No tool is unbreakable.

Wanna talk about HORRIBLE tools? Lets talk about, "Made in Korea, Made
in Japan, Made in Tiawan, Made in Mexico, Made in Brazil, Made in
Taipan". Thems some craploa tools!

Shawn