Re: VW Special tools

At 10:16 AM 3/5/97 -0700, Iain Mannix wrote:
>As far as I know, Griot's is overpriced for the sake of being overpriced -
>some really cool stuff, but it seems to me that they are intentionally
>targeting those who admittedly cannot figure out what to do with their
>money.  None for me!
>Just a quick note on the whole "Craftsman Sucks" bit - AFAIK, if you are
>breaking sockets all the time, you're doing something wrong.  I've split a
>few here and there, but each and every time, I KNEW I was using the socket
>for something which might break it, IMHO.  SnapOn is better,
>sure, but Craftsman is pretty damned good for the home mechanic, at least
>for me!
>
>Mannix

My two cents exist somewhere in between. IMHO (AFAIK is new to me- what is it?),
both Snap-On and Craftsman make good tools, but it takes the hand to use them.
So I agree with many that the incorrect tool for a particular job might not
be wise.
Ive broken huge tools I never thought would brake, and tiny tools that have
lasted
forever. As for impractical sales reps. just hit them! ;p
Now, if only Campagnolo and VW could set something up... Shimano?
Paul
'84/'87 S2
'84/'87 S2