brakes again

Hey all (not y'all), I can't find that string of messages on brakes from
a couple of weeks ago.  I was wondering if there is a real great
advantage with the larger disc brakes?  I just have the stock discs in
the front(what size? 9.4"?) and drums in the rear with generic pads and
shoes.  The car seems to have all the stopping it needs around town when
the brakes get warmed up.  The problem is the fading while driving and
braking hard for about 30 min on the twistin dirt mountain roads,(like to
pretend its sorta like a rally since I'm too lazy to get my act together
to race in one).  They last for about 15 min then they get scary.  I
think it was Shawn that gave the run down on about three different pads.
 What were they and what was the conclusion?  I think that my brakes
would be adequate if they didn't fade so bad.  Can I get much better
performance, 20%? 30%?, from just better pads?  What about
crossed drilled/ slotted/ gouged with a chisel  rotors? much gain there?
 I can't see spending $500 to $900 for larger disc brakes if I can
prevent the fade on the size I have in there now.  I also don't think the
gain in adding rear discs is justified with my limited resources $$$.
Thanks.

	shadrach