How do Scirocco stack up against the competition

After the Light Showdown message I was wondering how Sciroccos espically
16Vers stacked up against the competition of their day. I would imagine
they did really well since they are still faster than a lot of new cars
out there.

I can't think of specific models, but how about comparing them to the
best Hondas of the time (I'm talking about my '87 16V really) Maybe
Nissans etc.

REally I don't care a lot since I love my scirocco anyway, but I just
think this could be a fun topic...

--
Kevin McGrath
http://www.pelican.net/~kevin