Re: Light showdown-

At 08:09 AM 3/3/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I've got a stock 'rocco 8v (well stock aside from the K&N) and was
>cruising 'round town the other day.  I stopped at a light; at my side
>was a white Toyota Celica in mediocre condition roaring his engine.
>I kept my cool until the greener, stepped it in a way it had never
>been floored in this century.  I was winning!!  until I shifted into
>the 2nd gear (it was time, I was in the upper 6000's)  then he passed
>me easily.

There is this white Honda something-or-other, lowered, has the jap racing wheels,
Folgers exhaust system, ect. Anyways, we tangle now and then. A couple times on
the freeway, a couple times on my test road. Its pretty stout and I figures it
was the V-Tek engine giving me trouble. (140hp.)
Today, I was driving my GLi and what pulls up next to me but this guy I just
described! I had my window down (Nice day, sunny, warm ect) and was just minding
my own business. The light turns green, we both accelerate (Were not racing, just
casually driving, he doesnt recognize me) To my astonishment I hear what appears
to sound like a pop-off valve. Then I hear the whine, and again, the sound of a
pop-off valve. I'll be a S.O.B. if its not a turbo! im not impressed at all. I
thought he was just mildly built, but a turbo and I can still hold my own! sad
for him.
Some guys you underestimate, some you overestimate. its all on how you present
yourself. I tend to just be quiet at the lights when people are challenging me to
race. I will look over at them, smile and shake my head no, like im not
interested. Keep the rev's at an idle so he cant hear my motor.

GreenlightGO!!     -      heh-heh!!

>I was just wondering, was this a powerful car?  How many horsepower?
>I don't think I standed a chance right?

Hmmm. What year did it look like it might of been?
The fact he was letting you hear his engine is usually a good sign its not stock.
(Turbo, NOS, or its just plain built.)
Your car is stock, not much you can do until you get into mods. Until then, keep
practicing on getting the holeshot. Sounds like you got it that time!

>Can't wait to get a better exhaust!
>
>Frank
>'85 8v 'rocco, red

Good luck! Hey, if your looking for a Stainless Steel 2 1/4" Tetonics System,
Velocity has a returned COD that Jeff is wanting to get rid of. Its for 85 and up
8v Scirocco's. I think he wants @$200 for it! Its a steal. Jeff only has one.
Just thought one of you would like to know.

Shawn