VW '87red16v scirocco2

Hey y'all, (not everyone here says that...)
I went and checked out a ragged, red Scirocco today (saw two others
as well) at this ragged [is this really a shop or what?] place in the middle
of nowhere.
Once he realized I knew what was up, he realized what the game
was gonna be!-{ him vs. this list!} He asked if I had read EC?-
I said yup? The long into the short: make him an offer.
So, I figure scratched and dented 14" TD's,
not much tire,
numerous scratches, pings, and broken(emblem*)grill and Fuba,
(despite sweet tornado red 16v kit)
door jamb/hatch jamb rust
obliterated driver window
screwdrivered door handles ($$@!%&$***)
dark cheeseshop tint job with Overlap AND Scratches!!
-dont get me wrong; tight tinting is nice-
i dont need a/c
blown tranns!
brakes? MC? (probably wornshot as hell)
shot bushings
shot bearings
Dino steering wheel (from the cheeseshop)
crapola' seats+doorpanels
dirty as hell and been sitting unprepared for about three months.

At least its dash is pristine(no cracks)- and the speedo goes to 140mph- 20
better than mine now- Whhoohooo!
He says it runs. I noticed a New York* city decal on it and no inspection.
[New York; i'm not suprised] Do you think poor driving
blew the tranns?
What should I offer him?- a grand maybe?
Thank You,Thank You,Thank You
Paul
'84JH/PLengine Scirocco2
'87 16v overhaul?