Re: VW '87red16v scirocco2

Sean wrote:

> Hey y'all, (not everyone here says that...)
> I went and checked out a ragged, red Scirocco today (saw two others
> as well) at this ragged [is this really a shop or what?] place in the middle
> of nowhere.
> Once he realized I knew what was up, he realized what the game
> was gonna be!-{ him vs. this list!} He asked if I had read EC?-
> I said yup? The long into the short: make him an offer.
> So, I figure scratched and dented 14" TD's,
> not much tire,
> numerous scratches, pings, and broken(emblem*)grill and Fuba,
> (despite sweet tornado red 16v kit)
> door jamb/hatch jamb rust
> obliterated driver window
> screwdrivered door handles ($$@!%&$***)
> dark cheeseshop tint job with Overlap AND Scratches!!
> -dont get me wrong; tight tinting is nice-
> i dont need a/c
> blown tranns!
> brakes? MC? (probably wornshot as hell)
> shot bushings
> shot bearings
> Dino steering wheel (from the cheeseshop)
> crapola' seats+doorpanels
> dirty as hell and been sitting unprepared for about three months.
>
> At least its dash is pristine(no cracks)- and the speedo goes to 140mph- 20
> better than mine now- Whhoohooo!
> He says it runs. I noticed a New York* city decal on it and no inspection.
> [New York; i'm not suprised] Do you think poor driving
> blew the tranns?
> What should I offer him?- a grand maybe?
> Thank You,Thank You,Thank You
> Paul

You have listed so many defect I wouldn't offer him more than $500 for
this piece of shit. Better yet skip it and look for a better scirocco.
My roommate found an awesome 16V for $2200 and mine was $3600 but they
gave me $1800 for my ragged out A1 GTI that was probobly worth around
$1000 really. Your going to be spending a lot of money on this car move
on to a better kept 16V.

You'll save money in the long, short and everywhere in between.