Re: Alarm recommendations for 16v?

On Sat, 1 Mar 1997 TCame86712@aol.com wrote:

> Hide the siren in an out-of-reach spot, too. I like to put them in the tray
> with the wiper motor assembly. It's loud as hell and the plastic trim piece

Another good place is up inside the fender - this location is all but
inaccessible to thieves, and you don't have to worry about exposed wires.
Speaking of exposed wires, don't let the installer run his own looms!
Make him run the wires inside factory looms if possible, or make sure
they're good and invisible.

> more likely to move on to the next car. Also remember that the more
> attractive your car is to a potential thief the harder he'll be willing to
> work to get it, and the harder you'll need to work to keep it. Hours and or

There's a flip side to defending your car however.  It's possible that the
thief will get so pissed off with all your countermeasures that he'll take
out his frustration on the car itself.  Busted windows, keyed paint,
ripped interior, urine everywhere, maybe worse.  It happens....

----
"Doin it to you in your earhole..."
	-George Clinton