tach + spark shorting out

Before I bought my 88 16v, I took it to a mechanic to have it checked out. Sure enough on the way home, I lost all power and tach went blank.

Well, the culprit was the distributor cap. Something was wrong with it and it wasn't functioning properly. Replaced it through the warranty, and it worked perfectly. Maybe it could be the same for you.

Scirocco Boy
"If you're not tached out, you're not going fast enough!"