Re: '83 Paint Update

> > > A while back, somebody was talking about a product to restore
> > > black plastic and rubber - our spoiler and bumper covers could use
> > > some attention. Anybody know whereof I an speaking? Thanks!

"Sems" (the brand name) plastic dye works great.  I recently got a set of
used euro-bumpers and restored them with this.  They look great!  I did
these with a a couple spray cans of the dye, but previously got a quart
size can and just wiped it on my US bumpers and they looked much better
and they stayed black.  I also re-sprayed the grill and rain-gutted things
black while I was at it.

Greg Davis
1985 Scirocco
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco
Member Cincinnati Volkswagen Club

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm  (New pages now online!)