Re: wheel rub

At 11:19 PM 5/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I recently bought 16 x 7.5 TSW Evos with Toyo T1's 205/45-16's.
>Its been three weeks since I replaced the shocks and now the car leans
>to the right front side and I get a whole lot of rub on the right front
>wheel now.  Could I have possibly blown the right shock or could the
>springs be worn out?

I dont think that Race springs wear out. (can they??) I sopose they might
after 15-20 years but even then.. Maybe you have blown another shock?
Could be.

>When buying these wheels and tires both Discount
>Tire and the shop I bought them from said this size would fit.  Could
>they both be mistaken and the wheel size be too big?

Im sure he was refering to the fact they will fit on a stock suspension.
With the race springs, you are sitting pretty low already without adding
a large size wheel. You probably should have only gotten a 7" wide wheel.
(I know they dont make them that size.) I bet them 45 series tires are
about as unfomfortable as they come, huh?

>Could you guys also recommend some springs that aren't as harsh of a
>ride as the Neuspeed springs but still retain the ride height of the
>Neuspeeds(if this is possible).  I think I'm going to have to compromise
>the ride height for a more comfortable ride.  Any suggestions?
>Thanks,
>
>Brian

The race springs on combination with the 45 series tires is what makes it
so harsh. If you were to either change to a 50 series 15" wheel combo, it
would drastically improve. You may want to change to the Sport Lowering S
prings to smoothem out the ride while still giving a sporty look. Its
gonna raise the ride height of the car a little.  Enough to eliminate the
rub your having. Then again, Tokico HP's arent exactly a soft shock
either. Im sure thats part of the problem also.
I have the generic size 195/50SR15's on my Scirocco with the same TWS EVO
wheels, Race springs/ Koni's and have had zero rub problems. Maybe its
just the 16" wheels that's the problem??

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and