Re: wheel rub

     I am running a similar setup.  TSW EVO's 16x7.5 w/Dunlop SP8000
     205.45.16.  I have the Nuespeed lowering with Bilstein HD's.  I live
     in Ohio where the roads suck, and this combo provides a nice street
     setup.  I would sooner run stock for auto-x however to stay in the
     lower class, plus in my opinion the bang for the buck after my mods
     weren't really worth the improvement.

     I too have experienced the rub, but removing the wheelhouse liners,
     and adding stiffer sway bars w/stress bars have reduced the rubbing
     significantly.  I also dialed in more negative camber up front to
     bring the tops of the tires in, -1.5.

     The problem with our setup from what I can tell is this.  Factory rims
     have a 38mm offset, the TSW's have a 35mm which moves the tire to the
     outside.  With the 7.5 w/205 the 35mm is necessary to prevent rubbing
     on the strut housing.

     Another option (which will make ride quality a litte more harsh) would
     be to goto a lower profile like 205.40.  In my case 40's would cese to
     rub, but I already spent the money on the 45's.

     -Paul
     87 Scirocco 16v
     87 Jetta GLi
     90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v