Re: wheel rub

Since everybody is chiming in with 16x7.5" rim stories, I figure I'd add my
2 bits too.  I get quite a bit of rubbing in my 16v.  Backs and fronts, but
in different situations.  Recently I rotated the tires on my car and
started having  worse troubles.  The left rear inside sidewall is actually
rubbing against the spring, making a hideous noise.  I thought it was a
seized caliper dragging the brake pad on the rotor, but when I took the
wheel off I saw clumps of shredded rubber all over the inside of the
wheelwell, and considerable erosion of the sidewall.  Needless to say I'm a
little concerned, and I'll be heading out to RPI tomorrow to see WTF is up.
I never had a problem like this with my old Evos, nor did I have the
problem before the rotation.  Can tires or rims be out of spec so much
(this much) that one wheel/tire is a mm or two wider than the others?

"Y'all better pay attention, because you can't afford free speech."
					-George Clinton