Re: wheel rub

> Since everybody is chiming in with 16x7.5" rim stories, I figure I'd add my
> 2 bits too.

    Strange that you guys are having all these probs with 16" wheels,
granted I have and MK1 rocco with 7.5" wide wheels and 205mm tires, I only
encounter minimal rubbing in the rear.  I have something like -1 degree in
the front and I am very close to the strut, but no probs there.  I rub a
bit on the rear spring, so little in fact that I can sometimes turn the
spring in the perch and get it a milimeter or 2 away from the sidewall.
I did rub on the front part of the rear fender (quarterpanel) but I have
since fixed that problem by stiffening up the rear and raising it 12mm.
Also I am a little taller than stock at 205/40/17.  Is there that much
difference in fenders between the 2 sciroccos?  I always see the same rim
advertised for Mk2 as I do Mk1.  BTW, my offset is 35mm, from an ATS type
10 wheel.

   Andre'