Re: Clunking on my 84 8v

Yes this is a new one for me. To answer your question:
No it was not stock. It was a Autotech part. I never had a problem with the
stock
part.  I think it broke on a pot hole and I have so little travel
it hit hard on the stops!  Now if the A arm is going down fast into a
pothole on one side only
the bar will be in the center and it will be pulling up on the arm. When
the strap breaks, the A arm will fall and
down my wheel went into the pothole thats all. The swaybar can then hit the
CV boot if the one wheel drops in to a deep ditch with the strap off. You
are correct about the quick fix and I can drive it.

Doug
87 16v Silver Scirocco

Message text written by Shawn C. Meze