RE: Clunking on my 84 8v

>> >bump (sounds likes it's the right front).  It does clunk/chatter when i
>> >apply the brakes.  It's a really annoying sound and it's driving me crazy
>> >(especially with the windows down and sunroof open).  Any ideas as to what
>> >it may be?

I don't know what the problem is but it sounds sort of like what my
car does.  I don't get the chatter (or the braking problem), but when I
hit a bump, the sound is metal on metal and it makes everyone in
the car grimace in pain.  I had thought that my springs might be too
stiff or shot to hell (I don't know if they're stock or not), but I
hadn't
thought of strut bearings.  How can you tell the difference?  I plan to
have my struts and springs replaced sometime soon regardless...

Tim
'88 16v Tornado Red