Re: Speakers

>use elmer's wood glue liberally on all pieces/edges that get screwed
>down, then use like 1.5 or 2" black drywall screws, the're great.

They are, aren't they?  Gotta love em, but make sure you get a screwdriver
bit for your drill, because turning 80+ screws is beyond the capability of
either my hand or my Craftsman electric screwdriver's battery. :)

>before you screw down the baffle, make sure you apply liberal
>ammounts of caulk around the speaker hole to seal that up. Do
>this and you will have a perfectly airtight box (unless you port it)

I'm with you right up to here.  There are some speaker companies that
specifically tell you not to use silicone caulk anywhere near the speaker's
surround - when it cures it releases acetic acid which can damage some foam
surrounds.  I think JL is one of them....

What to use instead?  I cut a gasket out of an old bulletin board, and it
worked (but was a pain in the ass).  Some subs will come with a gasket, or
have one already on the underside of its frame.

In sealed boxes, it is imperative to get the system 100% airtight!  After
you screw the sub into the finished box, push the cone in with your hand.
It should spring back out again.  If you here any hissing noises, or if the
cone comes back out slowly, you screwed up.

HTH!

"Y'all better pay attention, because you can't afford free speech."
					-George Clinton