Re: Speakers

997 02:53:12 EDT

> great, thanks.
>
> I will get myself some and try to make myself a little box.  Then we'll
> see how it turns out.
>
> One more question that comes to mind right now, do you seal the box with
> anything?  Or just screw it all together.
>
> Kyle

use elmer's wood glue liberally on all pieces/edges that get screwed
down, then use like 1.5 or 2" black drywall screws, the're great.
once you have the box all together except for your baffel (thats the
piece with the speaker) run a thick bead of caulk around all the
inside cracks, let dry. Then run a bead of caulk as close to the
inside rim of the walls that touch the baffle, glue/screw the
baffle down and let dry w/ the speaker facing the groud, this
will allow the caulk to settle down in the crack. don't forget to
drill a 1/4 hole to one site to poke the speaker wire through
before you screw down the baffle, make sure you apply liberal
ammounts of caulk around the speaker hole to seal that up. Do
this and you will have a perfectly airtight box (unless you port it)

Ryan