Re: Yet another free mod :)

>in the mood to tinker with my car and I thought about another cool mod
>that would further uniqueify my car from any others on the block.  I
>switched the headlights around so that the highbeams are on the outside
>and the regular lights are on the inside.  Looks pretty cool, and it
>didn't cost me a dime :) <---my favourite part!

Another very trick thing to do would be run 4 H4 lenses in the front, and
forget about the H1 highbeams.  A guy who used to work at RPI used to run
this setup in his scirocco, and he raved about it.  Plug 80/100W bulbs in
them and you've got TONS of lowbeam power that won't blind other drivers,
as well as tons of highbeam power (although I'm not sure how good the
highbeam pattern is on those H4 lenses).  It's not free, but if you buy the
Bosch or Hella lenses and invest a bit of time wiring them up it's still
reasonably cheap.  Cheaper than Euro lights.....