Re: Help on suspension pricing/91 Jetta, and colour suggestions for the 'rocco

*snip*

> leaning that way, but on the way home the other night, a newer Audi blew
> past me, and it was that
>   gorgeous pearly-white metallic colour.

This is a very classy color! However, it is a 3-stage pearl which is VERY
expensive to shoot, VERY hard to match if repairs are needed later on down
the road, and if not done absolutely perfect, it looks like dog-doo-doo.
Although this is one of my favorite colors on the right car, I don't think
I'd like it on a Scirocco II body. May be okay on a Scirocco I, but that's
even questionable. But I'm funny that way, though, I'm damn picky over which
colors work on which cars. If you have a 16V-style body kit on the Scirocco
II, it would probably look decent, actually, now that I think about it.

 How about a deep metalic grey, like the BMW Diamond black, or a touch
lighter? Or, if you want to stick with blue, there are several Porsche blue's
that look very nice, as well as some BMW and Mercedes blue's. On the wild
side, the right yellow could work, I saw some Waterfest pics of one that
looked okay.
Good luck with it, in any case. I'm sticking with black, myself, for my 78.
And right now I'm prepping a friend's 86 Mustang GT for paint. We're doing
that car in Lexus Teal Mist Metalic. Should look VERY nice.

Todd