Re: Noises...

At 01:02 AM 7/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Since I bought my rocco 1 month ago a stange sound has developed in the
>front end.  This sound is audible when driving slow (under 30) on a
>semi-bumpy street.  These types of streets are plentiful in Detroit.  The
>noise started off little and now, 2-3 weeks later, it's getting unbearable.
> Any ideas what this can be?  Don't hear it when above 30-35 MPH, althought
>this can be  because of engine noise.
>Thanks,
>Kris
>86 8v, new floor mats!!!!!!

Try Lithuim.... its what they gave.... oh, whoops!  :)
Well, from the description it could be your missing My guess in order of
suspicion would be the "anti-rattle clips on the brake pads, your upper strut
bearings are bad or your Cv's are bad.

>PS - Suggestions on a cheap stock upgrade shock are also needed.  What is
>the best deal I can get on new shocks.  Front & rear???

The "best deal" usually means you pay a low price for something and basically
get what you pay for. If your Scirocco is something you will want to keep for
a while, do yourself a favor and invest in a little more expensive shock. It
will last you longer and you will enjoy the driving better as well. But, if
cheap is all your after try Monroe or KYB or one of those
Target/K-Mart/Sears/Montgomery Wards products. They are cheap, thats for
sure.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi