Re: Noises...

I had this same "rattling" problem in both my 84 rocco and 86 Jetta. I bet
if you step on the brakes lightly while you go over these bumps, the
clanking sounds will go away.

Is it just me, or do stock VW brake have notoriety for having the pad
clips either fall or rust off?  This was the case with both my vehicles,
and it's really quite a simple fix!

~C

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Kris Tewkesbury wrote:

|Since I bought my rocco 1 month ago a stange sound has developed in the
|front end.  This sound is audible when driving slow (under 30) on a
|semi-bumpy street.  These types of streets are plentiful in Detroit.  The
|noise started off little and now, 2-3 weeks later, it's getting unbearable.
| Any ideas what this can be?  Don't hear it when above 30-35 MPH, althought
|this can be  because of engine noise.
|
|Thanks,
|
|Kris
|86 8v, new floor mats!!!!!!
|
|PS - Suggestions on a cheap stock upgrade shock are also needed.  What is
|the best deal I can get on new shocks.  Front & rear???

|--
|To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to scirocco-L-request@privateI.com,
|with your request (subscribe, unsubscribe) in the BODY of the message.

  Christopher Mende        ICEMT @ Iowa State Uni
  Home: (515) 292-6658     Office: (515) 294-6738     "One, two, three!"
  bayern.me.iastate.edu    www.icemt.iastate.edu