Re: Clutch plate size?

At 09:19 PM 7/28/97 EDT, you wrote:
>  The real question is, what size is the '87 Jetta w/GX 1.8l
>clutchplate?

I dunno for sure. I thought the Potterman would have chimed in on this
one with his infinite knowlege and told you by now. Guess not.

> 190mm, 200mm, or 210mm?  If it is 190mm, will the clutch and
>pressure plate out of my '80 Jetta work in the '87?

Well, really it doesnt matter. My Bently (Thanks Mike!) shows that any
of the 3 will work. So why dont you simply use everything, flywheel and
all. Problem solved.

>Then again, if the '87 has larger than the 190mm clutch in it, if I
>swapped the clutch, pressure plate, AND flywheel from the '80 to the
>'87, will the bolt holes line up and work?

The bolt pattern on the crank is the same so just as long as you use
which ever flywheel goes with whichever pressure plate, it will work
fine. (Either a 6 bolt or a 9 bolt flywheel/pressure plate).

>Real reason being that I am now the proud father of a beautiful baby
>girl, born this morning at 9:15am, 8lb 11oz, 22", Kylie Jordan Smith.

Congrats Da-da! (Wheres my damn CeeGar?!)    :)

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and