Re: Clutch plate size?

On 28 Jul 97 at 21:19, #1 wrote:

> girl, born this morning at 9:15am, 8lb 11oz, 22", Kylie Jordan
> Smith.  So I need to divert as much of my funds to her as I can and
> save as much as I can on the cars, so I need to know if I really can
> use the clutch assy from the '80 in the '87.  Pulling the 210mm out
> of the Scirocco would be easier but I can't be assured of it's
> condition.  Last time I tried re-using the old pressure plate I
> ended up dropping the transmission again.  I will NOT do that this
> time.  I will be replacing all of the oil seals in bellhousing of
> the transmission and the rear main seal on the engine so I will not
> have to do this again...at least for a while...

Congrats on the muncher, she's a big baby but she can't eat THAT much
can she?  J/k, I know what you're up against.  I can't help with the
clutch size, but I do know that you can get a complete kit (pp, disc,
etc) from Mark at Adirondack.  My 210 cost $115 or $125, so if you
have smaller it should be less.  Mark should know what size you need.
If at all possible it would pay to replace the set if you can.

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg