Re: Help with water pump needed badly.

At 04:28 PM 7/28/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Ok i get a job delivering pizza and the day i get this job my water pump
>goes. I was wondering if anyone had any advice they'd like to share about
>changing out the water pump. because i seem to be stuck on the part where i
>have to loosen the belts. i cant seem to get the ac compressor or the power
>steering pump to budge. and if im not mistake i have to move those to
>loosen the belts to get the water pump out. unless any of you have any
>other ideas.

First of all, do you see this below?

>Version: PGP for Personal Privacy 5.0
>
>mQGiBDPQSsgRBAD6EZm1yQtwaf8l/bZg6uqmvTPRmfe8zybowz6gXX42Tjc1Oeox
>EA+aKo3q2hh2G8rKjXT69jX19CsrWe7lInaAAVuZqqKPNaK3osjKmajGoNv5atb9

This goes on for like 30 lines. Can you turn the "public key block" off
please? It buggs! Thanks in advance!

OK, back to the water pump. Is this on a 16V or 8V? Which A/C compressor do
you have? (Square or round pump)
The belt for the A/C comes off at the crank. There should be 4 nuts that
holds the outter V pulley on and remember to secure the spacers so when you
put it all back together its a simple bolt on procedure. (Otherwise you
will be chsanging spacers to get the right belt tension on the A/C belt.)
The water pump comes off as a unit. (Pump and housing.) Theres about 5 bolts
that hold the pump housing to the block. Once you have all of the bolt
s out and hoses disconnected, it should come out.
HTH!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi