Re: Leaking Gas Tank

david j lapierre wrote:

> I recently purchased a 1987 16v scirocco (as a second car, the first is a
> 90g60), and I have discovered it has a leaking gas tank.  I understand
> the there was a recall on this, however the recall has already been done
> on the vehicle.  Has anyone else ever been in this situation?  Secondly,
> has anyone ever replaced the gas tank themselves?  Can anyone give me
> some pointers?

	Correct me if I'm wrong here... VW changes leaking gas tank.  Installs
new tank that leaks.  Uhhh, shouldn't it be a simple matter of taking
back to VW?  Or have they decided to wash their hands of this little
problem?  I had my tank changed as well, and if the thing leaks again,
you can be shure that VW of Canada will be paying for a new one.
Actually, about two weeks after replacing the original, the new one
leaked as well.  I took it back again and had to pay about $80 for some
kinda pump or something...I dunno, I don't even thin that I should have
paid for that, but what are ya going to do?

jason
87 16V