Re: Bug Nationals (and some more long ramblings)

At 10:43 PM 7/25/97 +0800, you wrote:
>> Yes it was nice, if a little unexpected...Hey Rick, was that an
>> official Scirocco mailing list shirt you were wearing?  That was one
>> hip looking shirt!
>
>Yep, that was the shirt!  Told you all it was really cool.  Speaking
>of shirts, did you sell of them yet Shawn?  I had several people ask
>me about the shirt there and then asking about the mailing list.

Heh! Yep, I still got shirts left over. (SUPRISE!!)

>> BTW, if you're ever travelling in a large group of VWs, make sure
>> someone has a police scanner.  They are, how do you say, invaluable.
>>  One of our Passat drivers (Ryan Rahim, a frequent poster on
>> rec.autos.driving) had one, and he saved me and 3 other guys from a
>> pack of state troopers coming up from the rear.  They were
>> apparently threatening to throw any VW with BC plates in jail if
>> caught speeding...:)
>
>They just wanted to throw the drivers in jail and drive the cars !!

Its funny how those rumors get out like that. probably started by the
troopers themselves. :)

Hey, just thought id share in whats going on outside my window as I type
this. There is about 25 hondas of various models and a lowered truck or two
as well as a few Nissans that pull into my culdesac and cruize really sl
ow as they drive by my Scirocco & GLi in the driveway. So I figure they're
either scoping out the EVO's or MB Zone wheels or they're paying homage to
the house of VW! I know most of them so I really dont think they're sho
pping. Besides, they all know I keep Dr. Glock within fingers reach.  :)
Its kinda cool tho, having these sets of eyes checking out the Scirocco.
(They want me to come out and play) Oh look, hes got 3 beer bottles on his
fingers and hes clanking them together... and hes saying something....
"Shawnie.... come out and playee-aye"!!! Silly kids!! What a night, first
the earth shakes then they cruize my cars...
Heh-heh!! I need anthur beer......

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi