Re: Bug Nationals (and some more long ramblings)

On 24 Jul 97 at 1:02, Riley McDowall wrote:

> I'm not sure which show Rick was at..:)  FWIW, there was a brilliant
> white 16v there that had mods coming out the ass - camber plates,
> Quaife, coilovers, 17" rims, 2.0 block, you name it.  This car was
> beautiful...I took numerous pictures, and hope to have them scanned
> and posted somewhere ASAP.

The white one was impressive, but I was a bit disappointed that it
wasn't really that clean (esp in the engine bay) .  If I had a Rocco
worth showing, I would certainly make sure it was spotless before
showing it.  There were a few other cars there (the Passat comes to
mind) that were pristine in comparison.

> >It was nice to meet one of the list guys Sunday and the weather was
>
> Yes it was nice, if a little unexpected...Hey Rick, was that an
> official Scirocco mailing list shirt you were wearing?  That was one
> hip looking shirt!

Yep, that was the shirt!  Told you all it was really cool.  Speaking
of shirts, did you sell of them yet Shawn?  I had several people ask
me about the shirt there and then asking about the mailing list.

> BTW, if you're ever travelling in a large group of VWs, make sure
> someone has a police scanner.  They are, how do you say, invaluable.
>  One of our Passat drivers (Ryan Rahim, a frequent poster on
> rec.autos.driving) had one, and he saved me and 3 other guys from a
> pack of state troopers coming up from the rear.  They were
> apparently threatening to throw any VW with BC plates in jail if
> caught speeding...:)

They just wanted to throw the drivers in jail and drive the cars !!

:=)

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com