Re: 16V + G60 = where to start

bbeacock@uoguelph.ca wrote:

> well, my 16V motor is just about done, its had:
>   ported and polished
>   valve seals
>   top end gasket set
>   4-1 headers
>   polished aluminum
>   painted block (totally cleaned first)
>
> I've got the wiring harness from an 86 Jetta Carat for the knock
> sensor ignition (got some of the stuff for CIS-E but not all yet, it
> will all plug in when i get it)
>
> but anyways, I had the opportunity to get an almost brand new
> supercharger for practically nothing, so I bought it (some guy
> complained when a little bit of oil trickled down it and got a new
> one on warranty)
>
> so I have 1 16V motor and 1 G60 with no pulleys or plumbing.
> Any low $$ suggestions for hooking this baby up?  I have a full shop
> for making brackets to mount it.  I was thinking of having a lever in
> the car to engage a belt for on-the-fly supercharged power but maybe
> I am crazy,

I was dreaming about this mod for a few weeks,  I picked my brain
for hours trying to find a "reliable" place for it, and all I
could come up with is removing the A/C compressor and putting
it their??  I also saw a Paxton super charged golf (I think) at
waterfest, It had the compressor where the alternator was, and
they flipped the alternator so the body was facing twards the
passenger side, but this was an 8v.  If you have any progress
let the list know, and if not, I would be more than happy to
buy the G60 from ya >:-}

Later
Etrik
http://activated.virtualscope.com/etrik