Wiper Switch/MFA

Thanks again for the advice, all.

Yet more questions each day, and I want to know all I can 'bout this '84.

This question surrounds the wiper/MFA control coming out the right side of
my steering column. I've ordered an owner's manual, but it's 2 weeks in
coming.

I've flipped through the Miles, MPH, MPG, Oil temp, outside temp
selections... but feel like I'm missing something. Either that, or the
system is dead. I always get 0 for MPH, MPG. I'm not even aware of how to
'reset' it or prompt it for info. At times with my playing around the 0's
turn into -.--    In either in mode I or II, I get the same.

I guess what I'm looking for is a short explanation on how to operate this
sucker and see if it's me or the switch that is defective.

I'm suspecting the switch, because when I engage either front or rear
wiper/washer, the wipers move, but no washer. I checked and there seems to
be a wavering 5V coming out at the washer fluid motor leads, but this
seems a touch low. I replaced the motor and still no go.

~C

  Christopher Mende        ICEMT @ Iowa State Uni
  Home: (515) 292-6658     Office: (515) 294-6738     "One, two, three!"
  bayern.me.iastate.edu    www.icemt.iastate.edu