Re: Steering bearing fell out

At 10:02 PM 7/25/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> Care to offer up a reason why to not do the job right and replace the
>> bearing?
>> Im very curious......
>
>The bearing is usually still good in these situations. The nice plastic
>"thingy" that holds them in place is the culprit. Hose clamps are 50
>cents each. Two minutes & you are up & running just as good as before.
>Of course,  when I catch a nail, I patch the tire instead of replacing
>it too... :)
>I admit it... I'm cheap.
> Ray   '81_S

Oh, I thought that you might of come across a bigger problem by trying to
replace it or something. Well, depending on how bad the cheap plastic bushing
is, the hose clamp method works fine. Thats what I did to mine until it
simply gave out and started making annoying noises. Ah well.

WHOA!! We just had a mild yet solid earthquake here! It just about knocked me
out of my chair. 8:15 Pacific time incase anybody cares. Id say it was a 2.5
-3.0 according to the sphincter scale in my butt. Gotta love it!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and