Re: ac problems

Ryan,

I just ran into a similiar situation.  My A/c crapped out partially.  It blew
cool air.  Not enough for 95 degrees outside.  I took it in to get it
evacuated and recharged.  They took all the freon out.  They wouldn't put any
back in until the leak was fixed!  I had to buy a 95 cent seal for a hose
that came loose.  They then redid the system.  It works like a champ.  They
guy at the a/c shop showed me the EPA reg that requires the serviser to
remove all traces of freon from ths sytem until such is repaired.  Personally
i think its a bunch of shit  but that big brother watching (interfering) with
us!  Also,  your compressor will not come onor the clutch engage if there is
no freon in the system.  Its a safety feature to save the a/c clutch.

hope this helps.