Re: oil everywhere

At 03:09 PM 7/25/97 -0500, you wrote:
>my 1.8 has developed quite a wierd symptom. its spouting oil out of the
>dipstick tube!!
>anyone with an idea as to what the problem is?
>
>Sean Penny
>'84 KAMEI X1 Scirocco

Well, it could be a worn out seal on the dipstick itself (doubtful) or
you've got blockage in the the crankcase vent system. (POP!)

it could be as simple as the valve cover mesh having been covered with
carbon and has now self sealed. When I first rebuilt my 1.7L I completely
disassembled and cleaned this out and which then gave me the problem with
oil being blown into my airbox. (another problem all together, easily
fixed.) Anyways, you may want to remove the hose from the top of the valve
cover ( the one that runs to the airbox) and see it there is anything
blowing out the port with the engine running. if there is, maybe there is
blockage downstream in the hose itself.
HTH!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi