Re: Axle questions

At 07:33 AM 7/25/97 +0800, you wrote:
>Are all A-1 axles the same and will they fit on my 85?  I think
>someone said that the 16V axles were a bit sturdier?  And MK1 axles
>don't have the holes for the sway bar?  Any info would be
>appreciated, I guess I'm going axle shopping this weekend.
>
>Rick
>hugacub@whidbey.net
>Richard.Lackner@entex.com
>85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
>Everett, WA

I think your asking about the rear axles since I remember you saying yours
was bent, so then I wont go into the front axle discussion. (I almost did!)

All rear A1 axles are the same. The 16V axles are the same only they
probably have rear disks instead of drums. This can work to your advantage
if your looking to do this swap as well but in your case, they will all fit
fine.
The A2 axles are a bit stiffer but they wont fit the A1 cars. I think most
of them have an internal swaybar already built into them, FWIW.
HTH!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi