Re: It's the clutch =( AAND...clutchless shifting

At 10:32 PM 7/23/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Yup!
>Driving home today with the new clutch cable installed (I put a nice new
manually
>adjustable cable on.  I HATE those friggin auto adjustable cables)

Ya, me too. I got one in my GLi. Not for long!

>am matching my revs perfectly and not grinding the gears at all (I've been
doing this
>for a while so I'm pretty good at it now) is it going to be bad to change
gears?  Is it
>bad on the clutch or any other drivetrain components?  I can't see why but I'm
>always learning new stuff so please, enlighten me!  Thanks!

Well, doing it once in a while doesnt hurt it. Doing it all the time will eat up
syncros and teeth if your forcing it. (Not saying you are, just giving an
explanation.) Really, you want to use the clutch, thats what it is for besides
helping you to get moving in first. Just dont make it a habbit.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and