Re: It's the clutch =( AAND...clutchless shifting

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 18:46:20 -0400 Domenic Lippolis <domlipps@mail2.nai.net>
wrote:

> At 12:14 AM 7/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >oh man,
> >what a day.  I was driving home from the shop today and I got on route 80
> and all is
>         TRANNY SPEAK REMOVED
>
> >find out what really happened.  If you have any suggestions, please let me
> know!
> >Thanks a lot,
>
>         Not to scare you but my clutch did the same thing as you when it
> went to the big clutch yard in the sky...
>         The fingers which act as the spring broke off and that was all she
> wrote.
>
> 					DOM!

Yup!
Driving home today with the new clutch cable installed (I put a nice new manually
adjustable cable on.  I HATE those friggin auto adjustable cables) the same thing
happened but I managed to get it back in gear and keep it  in gear the whole way
home and I just did wome clutchless shifting for a while.  The clutch was slipping like
mad the whole way.  SOoooo I have to put my 8v back on the road until I get
enough time to do the 16v's clutch.  I work 7 days a week so it will be a bit.  Also, if I
am matching my revs perfectly and not grinding the gears at all (I've been doing this
for a while so I'm pretty good at it now) is it going to be bad to change gears?  Is it
bad on the clutch or any other drivetrain components?  I can't see why but I'm
always learning new stuff so please, enlighten me!  Thanks!

Josh Clark
EXC Performance: We RULE!
http://idt.net/~exc
phone: 973 773 3889