Stupid kids

Hey guys (and maybe gals?)

I was looking over my newly purchased '87 16v, and noticed a piece of
foam down by the air filter.  So I take the battery out, get the fuel
injection stuff out of the way, and what do I find?  No filter, half of
the air box broken off, dirt in by the air flow sensor plate...  The kid
that I bought it from had tried drilling holes in it and broke it, then
ran it without a filter!  He had a piece of that grey 1/4 foam (VERY
porous) stretched over where the filter should be and held on with a
nylon tie strap.  So does anyone know where I can get the lower portion
of the airbox?  Cheap of course...  maybe one of you has a 16v for
parts.  Are the 8v's the same?  Thanks for the info.

John

'87 16v Scirocco
'86 GTi
'82 VW diesel truck