Re: 1->2->3->2!

>Alright, who's had this happen before?  When racing on saturday night,
>I had a scary thing happen to me.  I was racing this white a2 Golf down
>the strip and my shifter did a funny thing.  It went from first, to

I've had the same thing happen to me twice, both times while racing.  It
was a bit different maybe - I'd go to shift to 4th, and I'd get blocked
out.  Not wanting to lose the race because I'd missed a shift, I'd try
again quickly.  Both times I ended up in 2nd, which was no good at all.  I
figure either I'm incompetent or it's a design flaw with the linkage
whereas if you're shifting fast you have to do it very accurately.  BTW
since I've replaced all the bushings and added a short shift I haven't hit
2nd by accident.