1->2->3->2!

Alright, who's had this happen before?  When racing on saturday night,
I had a scary thing happen to me.  I was racing this white a2 Golf down
the strip and my shifter did a funny thing.  It went from first, to
second, to third, back down to second.  This isn't so bad when stoplight
dragracing, but when I am just about redlined in third and I drop it
into second, I get a really evil feeling.  I was not happy to see my
tach blow past 8 Gs.  It was only momentarily, but I did it a total of
three times for the night when I decided not to gamble anymore.

	I raced all Friday night (and beat 2 CRXs and one Civic), but nary a
misshift did I experience.  Comments?  Some knob told me my synchros are
shot, but I think he just learned the word and was trying to throw it
into a sentence.  Thanks a plenty.

jason
87 16V