RE: rear axle bent

Richard,
Someone mentioned having trouble breaking the hydraulic brake
fittings loose, and I have also had this problem when installing
braided lined. I am a maintenance professional, build and drive my
own race cars... and I have a solution that sounds terrible, but
works. I have the correct size flare wrenches, (The "Correct tool"
but sometimes even they do not work. After everything else fails, put
a good set of vice grips on the male nut very tightly, with a proper
size wrench holding the female piece and you can break it free. If
you are careful, and the vice grips were tight enough the first time,
you will not mess the nut up so badly that you cannot use your flare
wrench the rest of the way.
     Experiment on the fittings you will not be reusing first, and
good luck.
     Geoff