Re: Now I ask you.....

At 06:56 AM 7/17/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Shawn - you'll have to take the Nspeed bar off (or disconnect it), drill
>two new holes inboard of the stock/Nspeed bracket locations, mount stock
>bar on top of the axle, reconnect Nspeed bar.  Not too bad, takes a little
>juggling.  TTYS!
>

>Mannix

Oh please, its not as simple as that. That was my impression of how to
do the job before I even got the stock bar. Now that I have it, I
removed the NS bar and drilled me 2 new holes ( just like you said
above) and when I go to put the NS bar back on, it poses a problem of
how to install the bolts since the stock bar is now in the way. its
like a chinese puzzle. You cant do one without removing the other. ive
tried to back off the one bar and slip the other one in but it just
doesnt work.
Now my feeling is im doing something wrong. I have the stock bar on top
of th NS bar with the outter mounts on top of the axle and the hook
clamps hooking on top of the beam and the NS bar in its stock location
with the hooks at the bottom of the beam. Basically, they're stacked.
Is there a trick to performing this job? ive heard from 2 people that
present this as an easy job and when it comes to it, its not.

Its hot, ill sip a beer til I get some help on this. (Hopefully its
before im passed out under the car....)

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi